By Courtney M. Townsend Jr. JR. MD, B. Mark Evers MD
Atlas of normal Surgical suggestions covers the whole spectrum and breadth of common surgical procedure via approximately 1200 easy-to-follow anatomic drawings. Drs. Courtney M. Townsend, Jr. and B. Mark Evers current step by step tips for universal and complicated methods, together with open and minimally invasive innovations. The hugely constant procedure and outsized layout permit for big academic illustrations with pearls and pitfalls on the finish of every bankruptcy. finished assurance contains sizzling themes akin to Thyroidectomy, Parathyroidectomy, Hepaticojejunostomy, Choledochojejunostomy, Splenectomy,Hernia fix, Exploration of Neck for Trauma, and Subclavian Artery Stab. You’ll have an entire array of surgeries at your fingertips―in print and on-line at expertconsult.com!
2009 PROSE Awards (awarded through organization of yank Publishers for pro and scholarly excellence)Finalist/Honorable point out, scientific Medicine
- Includes entry to the absolutely searchable textual content on-line at expertconsult.com, besides downloadable images.
- Features 1200 easy-to-follow, step by step anatomic drawings that sincerely depict the entire spectrum and breadth of surgical techniques―both open and minimally invasive.
- Covers scorching issues reminiscent of Thyroidectomy, Parathyroidectomy, Hepaticojejunostomy, Choledochojejunostomy, Splenectomy,Hernia fix, Exploration of Neck for Trauma, and Subclavian Artery Stab.
- Provides step by step directions for every method in a hugely constant structure that makes making use of innovations easy.
- Highlights pearls and pitfalls on the finish of every bankruptcy so that you recognize what to anticipate earlier than getting into the working room.
- Presents the special advice of specialists on what you want to find out about universal and tough procedures.
Read Online or Download Atlas of General Surgical Techniques: Expert Consult – Online and Print, 1e PDF
Similar surgery books
This thoroughly revised guide offers concise and transparent info on how you can practice operations commonly surgical specialties. It presents an summary of contemporary operative surgical perform and offers symptoms for surgical procedure delivering info of operative options to complement hands-on adventure.
With the right kind prognosis, it truly is more uncomplicated to manage the absolute best remedy. Written by means of the world over well known specialists, this remarkable atlas is designed to supply dermatologists with all precious instruments to diagnose nail problems by way of scientific indicators: The concise textual content is reader-friendly based and highlights ‘key messages’ and ‘take domestic pearls’.
This quantity is a pragmatic, procedure-by-procedure advisor to sufferer positioning for roughly 50 of the commonest surgeries, written via a multidisciplinary staff of surgeons, nurses, ODAs and anaesthetists. Positioning for every method is defined intimately and sights or capability dangers mentioned the place acceptable.
- Churchill's Pocketbook of Surgery (4th Edition)
- Clinical Diagnosis in Plastic Surgery
- Traumatologische Handchirurgie (German Edition)
- Hernia Surgery: Current Principles
Extra resources for Atlas of General Surgical Techniques: Expert Consult – Online and Print, 1e
It is also considered the “resident’s friend” and is a very important landmark. ◆ The skin ﬂaps in a previously irradiated patient should be raised sharply, or a Shaw knife should be used to decrease chance of skin necrosis. ◆ The marginal mandibular nerve is most commonly injured where it courses near the angle of the mandible. ◆ If there is a question intraoperatively as to whether the tumor can be dissected off of the carotid artery, proximal and distal control of the vessel should be obtained and vessel loops placed before dissection of the area in question.
The nerve is sharply dissected from the underlying tissue and elevated superiorly together with the fascia (Figure 2-3). This is necessary in order to dissect the prevascular facial nodes. ◆ An Allis clamp is placed on the ﬁbro-fatty tissue in the midline submental area lying between the anterior bellies of the digastric muscle. This tissue is dissected in an inferior and posterior direction, exposing both anterior muscle bellies and the central portion of the mylohyoid muscle. The nerve and vessels to the mylohyoid are ligated.
This allows the specimen to be retracted medially. Accessory nerve Phrenic nerve Brachial plexus FIGURE 2–16 Incise through fascia Accessory nerve Transverse cervical vessels FIGURE 2–17 CHAPTER 2 • Modiﬁed Radical Neck Dissection Preserving Spinal Accessory Nerve 33 ◆ The specimen, including the ﬁbro-fatty and lymphatic tissue in level V, as well as the superior aspect of the SCM muscle, is dissected in a posterior to anterior direction. The specimen is passed underneath the SAN, gently retracting the SAN laterally (Figure 2-18).